OUR SERVICES & FEES
The main purpose behind Debt Counsel for The Seniors and the Disabled legal services is to ensure that creditors and collectors do not violate collection laws or garnish federally protected incomes, such as Social Security, Social Security Disability, Veterans benefits and other federal funds. We have systems in place to help you protect your benefits.
DEBT SOLUTIONS WITHOUT HAVING TO FILE BANKRUPTCY
DCSD is an alternative to bankruptcy. Most of our clients cannot afford a bankruptcy and most do not need bankruptcy protection. DCSD is an affordable alternative to help protect clients from illegal harassment and garnishment by debt collectors.
With these protections, we help restore our client's dignity, and that is priceless.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Notification to clients' creditors of legal representation
- Cease and desist notification to each creditor
- Monitoring for violations of federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
- Protection of federally protected income
- Monitoring of collections made by junk debt buyers
- Protection from illegal harassment or abuse
- Bankruptcy like relief with a fraction of the cost
MONTHLY RETAINER FEES
There is a ONE-TIME PROCESSING FEE of $125 - $250 (depending on circumstances) and a monthly fee of as little as $25, depending on the number of accounts serviced as noted below:
If you have more than 20 accounts, please contact DCSD.